This article first appeared in the August 2017 issue of Austin All Natural magazine.
© 2018, Austin All Natural
DENTISTRY AND NATUROPATHY
Why would a dentist want, or need, to get a naturopathic license?
Simple– to get closer to root causes of patients’ health challenges, oral and systemic, offer options safe and supportive to their natural biology, shatter barriers segregating medical specialties, and treat patients comprehensively with diet, supplementation, detoxification, digestion – and do it all naturally, without man-made or prescription medications.
Synthetic pharmaceutical drugs are known to thwart your body’s natural healing processes, energy production, and mitochondrial function. Quite frankly, they create new illnesses.
I practiced allopathic dentistry for nearly a decade before realizing I was poisoning my patients (and their offspring) with mercury, increasing their propensity for heart disease, autoimmune illness, and cancer, and putting lives at risk doing dentistry the way I was taught in dental school.
Here’s what naturopathy has brought to my practice:
- Safe, natural ways to help anxiety with CBD oils, homeopathics, and mental field therapy. Laughing gas is still available, as is IV sedation, but with what’s being discovered about how nitrous oxide can wreck a methylation-impaired system, safer options for anxiety are critical.
- Traditional German homeopathic drainage formulas to open up lymph, liver, and kidney drainage before mercury fillings are removed, preventing the dreaded detoxification/retoxification my mentor, Hal Huggins, talked to me about.
- Antioxidant and vitamin infusions strengthen immune systems when removing mercury and root canals, ozone therapy naturally and effectively treats dental infections, and I almost never prescribe antibiotics.
- Traditional German neural therapy resets patients’ autonomic nervous systems where they’ve experienced past physical, chemical, or emotional damage.
- Ingenuity, a truthful understanding of the body, and all-natural products can completely control periodontal disease, usually without surgery or senseless (and painful) cutting away of gum tissue.
- Reducing infectious loads from root canals and bone infections prior to treating them results in faster, more comfortable healing and recovery.
- Headaches can be treated and sinus and tonsil infections can be eliminated naturally, without addictive or damaging prescription drugs.
And that’s just the beginning.
Dr. Matthew Carpenter of Transcend Dental Health recently completed naturopathic medical certification through the American Board of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry, and is a Board Certified Naturopathic Physician. Transcend Dental Health offers natural oral care products incorporating essential oils, drill-free air abrasion, ozone therapy, non-surgical treatment of gum disease, safe mercury and root canal removal, and natural heavy metal elimination. (512) 255-3618, www.tdhtx.com